The Right to Education Act-2009, which was introduced in our country in the year 2009 has entrusted an important role to the Community Members for creating conducive environment of their neighborhood school. Considering the provisions of the Right to Education Act-2009, the Sarva Siksha Abhujan Mission, Darrang District organized some activities under the Community Mobilization component. The objectives of these activities are as follows-
- To Provide the Access of Community Support through formation of Various Peoples Committees & Release of Annual school grant.
- Training for Community Members.
- Community involvement for improvement of quality through share of knowledge with the children from various work fields such as agriculture, artisans, health, Anganwadi Workers etc.
- Strengthening & capacity build up of SMCs & PRI Members to prepare School Development Plan & to work as a bridge between community & school.
- Bridging the gender & social category gaps through specific activities for girls, ST/SC & minority community.
- Strengthening of PRIs.